Jaipur Foot Mauritius 2013 – Thanks Giving CeremonyBy Pablo Ocania on December 30, 2013
* The Jaipur Foot Camp has been extended till 7th January 2014.
Our vision is to become a key organization to empower differently abled persons and vulnerable groups through Education & Training and to provide them the opportunity for holistic human development so that they can lead a happy and rewarding life with dignity and respect in the local and global community.
Our mission is to mobilize all available resources from well wishers in Mauritius, Rodrigues, Agalega, India, Senegal and other countries, formulate and coordinate multifarious activities in order to unleash the hidden talents and unexplored potential of Persons with Disabilities and vulnerable groups.
1. To implement projects aimed at poverty alleviation, advancement of education, providing assistance to physically and mentally challenged individuals and relief to vulnerable groups.
2. To work for the empowerment, integration and rights of differently abled people.
3. To develop innovative programmes aimed at creating an inclusive society where persons with and without disability walk hand-in-hand and work shoulder-to-shoulder.
4. To foster a strong partnership with local and international organisations in the development of capacity building programmes in education, health, rehabilitation, social and economic integration.
5. To ensure equitable employment opportunities for differently abled persons and encourage them to boost up their self-esteem and assume leadership roles.
6. To conduct innovative activities aimed at changing attitudes, mindsets and stereotyped perceptions towards differently abled persons.
7. To act as a permanent advocate of those with no voice.