INDIAN OCEAN DISABILITY NETWORK Recruitment of a Consultant (part-time)
Indian Ocean Disability Network
Term of Reference
For the recruitment of a Consultant (part-time) to conduct a study on
‘’The current situation of person with disabilities in the Rep. of Mauritius (Rodrigues & Agalega Islands)’’.
The Indian Ocean Disability Network (IODN) is a project funded by the Decentralised Cooperation Programme (funded by European Union) operating under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development. The IODN will be managed by a Project Implementation Committee which is composed of some NGOs working in the disability sector. The overall purpose of this network is to provide a synergy among organisations working in the disability sector, making them more efficient in their missions, hence contributing to the alleviation of poverty.
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE DOCUMENT
Recruitment of a Consultant (part-time) (23.5 KiB, 92 hits)
The Consultant required qualifications and competencies:
• Degree and/or Master (or equivalent) in Research/ Statistics or data collection /Epidemiology and have a proven record of working in the social research domain.
• Good mastery of Microsoft office IT tools.
• Communication/ interpersonal skills and positive team spirit.
• Proven knowledge and experience in the socio-economic environment of Mauritius.
• An exposure to the disability setting would be advantage.
• Fluent in English, French and knowledge of Creole.
• Other qualities: Honest and hardworking.
Duration of the study:
Starting date: End of January 2016
End date: July 2016.
Application shall be composed of the following parts:
• Letter of Expression of Interest;
• Proposed study working plan;
• An updated CV of the resource person/expert including copies of certificates and relevant proofs.
• Also including two references (academia and work related) with contact details.
The due date for submission (via registered post) is the Friday 22 January 2016 before 14.00.
Mark clearly on the envelop Indian Ocean Disability Network Project and attention to:
Mr. Joel Violette,
Decentralised Cooperation Programme of the European Union (DCP/EU)
c/oMinistry of Finance and Economic Development
9th Floor Emmanuel Anquetil Building,